An uninitialized pointer vulnerability exists within TP-Link’s WR940N and WR941ND SOHO router devices specifically during the processing of UPnP/SOAP SUBSCRIBE requests. Successful exploitation allow local unauthenticated attackers the ability to execute arbitrary code under the context of the ‘root’ user.
- Exodus Intelligence: EIP-9ad27c94
- MITRE CVE: TBD
- CVSSv2 Score: 8.3
- 940N V5: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wr940n/v5/#Firmware
- 941ND V6: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wr941nd/#Firmware
- Exodus Intelligence
- Disclosed to affected vendor: December 10th, 2021
- Disclosed to public: June 23rd, 2022
Readers of this advisory who are interested in receiving further details around the vulnerability, mitigations, detection guidance, and more can contact us at email@example.com.
Researchers who are interested in monetizing their 0Day and NDay can work with us through our Research Sponsorship Program (RSP).