A vulnerability exists within the httpd server of the TP-Link WA850RE Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender that allows remote unauthenticated attackers to download the configuration file. Retrieval of this file results in the exposure of admin credentials and other sensitive information.
- Exodus Intelligence: EIP-9098806c
- MITRE CVE: TBD
- CVSSv2 Score: 8.3
- 850RE V2: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wa850re/v2/#Firmware
- 850RE V3: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wa850re/v3/#Firmware
- Exodus Intelligence
- Disclosed to affected vendor: December 10th, 2021
- Disclosed to public: June 23rd, 2022
Readers of this advisory who are interested in receiving further details around the vulnerability, mitigations, detection guidance, and more can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Researchers who are interested in monetizing their 0Day and NDay can work with us through our Research Sponsorship Program (RSP).